Post Academy specialization program
The Business simulator is a unique model for advanced practical training of students in a special training program where they work on a specific position – a role in simulated business process under the supervision of the IT Company. Unlike the usual practice models, a business simulation provides its participants with a higher degree of independence, innovation, and exposure to real risk and responsibility for the implemented projects, while at the same time receiving careful and dedicated mentoring and professional challenge.
The model was developed based on the five-year observation and analysis of the effectiveness of different training programs at the Center and a comparative study of successful international training centers and technological parks that apply similar concepts. The Business Simulator works as a phase within the 10 month programs of the Academy, where participants, organized into functional teams, are entering the system of specific business simulation project cycle under the supervision of one of the involved IT companies.
The complexity of the projects, the degree of independence and dynamic monitoring of progress will be determined by the mentor company, while the continuous advisory, administrative and logistical support will be provided by SEDC. The supporters of the project are the Increasing Market Employability Project- IME of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) implemented by Swisscontact and the Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation in partnership with PREDA Plus.
Price: 150 € (Regular price 300 €).
THIS YEAR UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
For best start up ideas SEDC provides start up program grants and hosting in corporation with Seavus incubator
1.Basics of the BS Concept
- Introduction of the BS concept
- Onboarding process in companies and projects
- Software Development Methodologies
- Introduction to the Waterfall methodology
- Introduction to the V-model methodology
- Introduction to Agile Development
- Time Management
- Software Estimations
- Tools for project management
- Source Control and versioning systems
- Meeting the stakeholders(Soft Skills, Communication Skills)
- Making the teams info(Soft Skills, Project Management Skills)
- Preparing team structure(Technical and Project Management Skills)
- Post meeting discussions with the teams(Business Analysis Skills)
- Preparing Product Backlogs (Project Management Skills)
- Sprint Planning
- Technical Mentoring of the whole development process
- Project Mentoring of the whole development process
- Sprint Reviews
- Preparing final pitch (Communication and Presentation Skills)
160 classes of training under mentorship, either from our mentors, or from the companies that provide the projects.
The training seeks to reach out to people:
- with basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the web development technologies, who are highly involved in the job seeking process and willing to learn the onboarding and the first months learning process that every junior developer has to pass at the first employment.
- Ready to participate in a team work located in a risk free environment.
They vary depending to the project and the teams’ role, but in general are:
- Active knowledge of the development technologies
- Readiness to work on a real life projects
- Everyday activities and engagement at the B.S for 3-4 hours per day