CompTIA A+ Certification training at SEDC can provide you the skills necessary to become A+ certified and ready for an entry-level career in the IT industry. CompTIA A+ certification is an internationally recognized, vendor-neutral certification that many employers consider a prerequisite for entry-level IT employment. A+ certification signifies competence in the fundamentals of hardware, software and operating systems; system troubleshooting and repair; networking; and security and operational procedures including communication skills that a helpdesk or remote support employee should have.
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
Who should enroll
The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician.
This course is suitable also for:
• University students
• Helpdesk operators
• Candidates entering IT job market
• First-level network support staff
• Individuals seeking A+ certification
• IT Technicians
• Call Center Technician
• Desktop Support Technician
• Tier 1 & 2 Support
• PC Support Technician
• Field Technician
Students taking this course should have the following skills:
• End-user skills with Windows-based personal computers, including the ability to:
– Browse and search for information on the Internet
– Start up, shut down, and log on to a computer and network
– Run programs
– Move, copy, delete, and rename files in Windows Explorer.
Students should also have basic knowledge of computing concepts, including the difference between hardware and software; the functions of software components, such as the operating system, applications, and file systems; and the function of a computer network.
• Authorized CompTIA Training
• Fully instructor-led program
• CompTIA Certified Trainers
• Hands-on interactive training
• Small class size: increased instructor interaction
• The official CompTIA courseware
• Practice exam questions
• Certificate of course attendance
• Authorized test center: exams taken at our premises
• Free consultations
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student’s learning needs through individualized instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
SEDC has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study.
Should a student complete a SEDC Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.