This curriculum focuses on creating Security Specialists who are trained on protecting, detecting and responding to the threats on the network. Security Specialists and Network Administrators are usually familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc. In addition, they will get the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies and software technologies, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration, intricacies of network traffic signature, OS hardening, analysis and vulnerability scanning so that they understand how networks operate. Also, they will learn how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and use the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system(s).
Ranged as a beginner to intermediate level study program, it is well suited for anyone looking to get their foot in the Cyber Security door as well as people that want to hone and advance their skills.
With a definite concentration on not only theoretical, but practical scenarios, this curriculum is the ideal starter for anyone that wants to endeavor in the Security Field, and also gain an invaluable insight on how things work in the industry, as well as a good ground for starting the path to pass both C|EH & C|ND.
- Network and Security Basics
- AZ-500 Azure Security Technologies
Security Penetration Testing and Defence
- Certified Ethical Hacker – CEH
- Certified Incident Handler – E-CIH
- Understand the elements of a network and network design.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
- Configure switched networks.
- Implement security on a LAN network with ACL and port security.
- Secure Windows Server, protect credentials and implement privileged access workstations.
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration and manage privileged access.
- Mitigate malware and threats and analyse activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.
- Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
- Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs).
- Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.
- Plan and protect data and optimize and secure file services.
- Secure network traffic with firewalls and encryption and secure network traffic by using DNSSEC and Message Analyser.
- Incident management process, and penetration testing.
- Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, and countermeasures.
- Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures.
- Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures.
- System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks.
- Different types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures.
- Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures.
- Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing.
- Social Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures.
- DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures.
- Session hijacking techniques and countermeasures.
- Different types of webserver attacks, attack methodology, and countermeasures.
- Different types of web application attacks, web application hacking methodology, and countermeasures.
- SQL injection attacks and injection detection tools.
- Wireless Encryption, wireless hacking methodology, wireless hacking tools, and Wi-Fi security tools.
- Mobile platform attack vector, android vulnerabilities, mobile security guidelines, and tools.
- Firewall, IDS and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools, and countermeasures.
- Various cloud computing concepts, threats, attacks, and security techniques and tools.
- Different types of cryptography ciphers, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks, and cryptanalysis tools.
- Various types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing roadmap.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems.
- Different threats to IoT platforms and learn how to defend IoT devices securely.
- Describe specialized data classifications on Azure
- Identify Azure data protection mechanisms
- Implement Azure data encryption methods
- Secure Internet protocols and how to implement them on Azure
- Describe Azure security services and features
- And many more…
IT Security Analyst, IT Network Security Engineer, IT Network Security Administrator, IT Security Specialist, IT Security Officer, Penetration Tester, Security Analyst, CloudSecOps, Cloud Security Engineer, Cloud Security Specialist
MCTs and CEIs, highly skilled Security Engineers who are already working in the Cyber Security field on real world projects as their main job.
Duration: 6 months | 2 semesters
I semester: November 2 – January 15
II semester: January 15 – April 15
Lectures: 2-3 time a week from 5:30 pm until 9:00 pm