Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. Founded 1984 in San Francisco, Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for the customers, employees, investors and ecosystem partners and has become the worldwide leader in networking – transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. It is the largest networking company in the world.
A great part of Cisco is Cisco Networking Academy Program.
Cisco Networking Academy identifies and develops the skills people and businesses need to thrive in a digital economy. We work with educators, employers, and technology experts to create courses that prepare students for the future.
- More than 9500 educational institutions use our curriculum to enhance their academic and career development programs.
- Employers worldwide recognize the quality of the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum in preparing students for entry-level IT jobs.
- More than 1 million students participate each year, and 1.3 million students obtained new jobs between 2005 and 2014.
The Networking Academy curriculum is delivered online using a proprietary learning platform in partnership with local learning institutions. Cisco provides the curriculum, learning platform, and support resources. Local learning institutions hire instructors, provide equipment, and enroll students.
Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide. More than 6 million people have joined the Networking Academy and become a force for change in the digital economy since 1997.
- An engaging, up-to-date curriculum created by experts in technology and instructional design
- Hands-on labs and online activities for the practical application of learned skills
- Cisco Packet Tracer, a network configuration simulation tool, used for teaching, gaming, and team building
- Instructor guides, community forums, and professional development support instructors
- Innovative online assessments include embedded activities, simulations, text questions, and performance-based reviews.